Thursday, January 13, 2011

(Kist) Multigenre Autobiography Status

This assignment has brought back some interesting memories, but it has also stumped me. For the most part, my middle and current life have been easy. My problem is remembering the books and other texts that influenced me when I was younger. I enlisted my mother's help to try and brainstorm some of the books I read, movies I watched and anything else that would be relevant.

At this point, I have a folder right on the desktop which has a running list of ideas, plus images, music, and other miscellaneous items for my presentation. Organizing it will be easy, as chronological order only makes sense. Following that, I will likely stick to a sub-order within each period of my life.

While most items on my list are obvious, I am finding that some things may not be considered "texts" by other people. The main example of this--and perhaps the most influential text in my life to date--is the language of horses. Although it may seem strange, horses have taught me more about life and what it means to interact with others than humans have. I could stand out in the pasture all day and watch the herd interact, knowing that I was witnessing something that many people miss out on.

Take this video for example:

The horse here is young, full of energy, and loose in an arena. I am using my body language to influence her actions. This interplay between us is very similar to interpreting gestures, emotions, and body signals of other people. By knowing more about them, I can have a more meaningful interaction with other individuals.

I would say that the autobiography is coming along very well. I have a ton of work to do, as I plan to make it fun and interesting. Already, I've been browsing my albums and picking music that I would like to showcase.

Well, it is time for me to actually go and work on this project.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment